Update - No 2 of 3 - Maitland River Run - Sun 4th June.
This is an update email for those who have entered the 2023 event.
MAITLAND MILE EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
ALL OTHER EVENTS PROCEEDING AS NORMAL
Check this mail and video briefing out and feel free to contact us via phone or email for any questions.
Entries open until 1 hour before your event, but you will pay more on race day!
If your friends or family who have been putting off entering, give them a gentle reminder!
Our Naming Sponsor River understands the importance of an active and healthy community. They are also constantly planning for the future. Fortunately with their new 'state of the art' office, River have heavily invested in technology. This provides them with the ability to allow some staff to work from home if needed, properties to be advertised and viewed through digital portals and social media platforms and they even have online auctions! At River, it’s business as usual and they are always available to their community wherever needed.
Check out the River stand on race morning to purchase merchandise, and or BBQ goodies, with all proceeds going to a Hand Across the Water
Course and Race Briefing video for 2023
Pre /Post Event - and Spectators
A few notes:
- Remember that we must limit the number of spectators in our event area, in particular at the start when all competitors are marshalled. This will require spectators to move away from the start areas and congregate away from the main area. There is plenty of room at the Centre in the stands and around the track.
- There will be a formal mass presentation of awards at approx. 11.15am.
- After reviewing the 'waste' issues relating to category medals we no longer provide a category medla , but will provide a place plaque to go on the finishers medals for category prizes. We still do a presentation of course!
- Finisher medals are available at the finish line.
The course will start on the track in the Maitland Regional Athletics Track off the eastern end of High St. This world class facility will become the start, finish and lap area for each 4km loop. Runners will start on the track and run approx. 300m to a gate on the western end of the facility. They will then follow the path past the Sports Field and run across James St into Odd St. Traffic controllers will be in place. They will then cross Hunter St onto the path and shoulder of Hunter St and run towards the river bank. They will then climb onto the riverbank and then run north under the Belmore Bridge and towards the park in Sempil St just north of the Court House. They will then return the same way and complete the lap on the last 100m of the track. The course is very well marked. The Half Marathon will this year run 1.1km on the track and then start the loop to complete 5 laps of the above course.
- 6.30am Race office opens at The Maitland Regional Athletics Centre, High St
- 7.30am Half Marathon starts
- 8.45am River 12km run event
- 9.45am River 8km run/walk event
- 10.45am River 4km run/walk event
- 11.30am River - Mile Sprint event - CANCELLED
Where/when do I pick up my race kit? (Sunday ONLY)
Race Kits including your start BIB number, timing chip and purchased souvenir event shirts will be available on Sunday ONLY . Note you must bring a phone to allow our COVID friendly pick up to work. If you can't you can also register manually. See details below:
Sunday 4 June, from 6.30am - 11am , Maitland Regional Athletics Centre, High St Maitland. Entries should be collected at least 30 minutes before race start times. There is a secure bag area at the Registration Office for bags or phones. There are also change rooms available at the centre.
Our Race Kit collection process:
To minimise the contact points and improve speed of collection, when you arrive to collect your race kit we will ask you to use your phone to retrieve your entry via the following system:
- Scan a QR CODE near the admin area
- Input the phone number or email that you used when you entered.
- You will receive a code.
- Input the code on your screen.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY CHANGES YOU NEED TO GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN AND MAKE THEM. E.g. change race distance…
- KEEP THE SCREEN open it has your NAME, DOB AND RACE NUMBER.
- COME TO THE REGISTRATION DESKS AND SHOW US YOUR SCREEN.
- You will be given you race number, timing chips and race T-Shirt (if you entered by 22 May).
Kit collection by other people
We can allow a fellow runners to collect your kit. They must be in the race and or have photo ID or have written authority to collect your kit. We will not give your kit to anyone!
Where can I park and what roads are closed?
Ample parking is available at the centre or in the skate park area. Only Odd St and Hunter St area closed. Please do not park in either street.
What will be available at the aid stations?
There will be 2 aid stations on the course at 2km and 4km. This will have water and electrolyte on offer. Please drink and dispose of the cups in the bins around and past these areas. There are toilets at the centre, but none on the 4km loop. Please leave and re enter the course at the same place, if using the facilities during the race.
Our friends at Rotary East Maitland will be on hand to help with course marshalling, drink stations and coffee, tea and other goodies.
NEED SOME MORE SPEED? CHAT WITH THE TEAM FROM THE ATHLETES FOOT.
Please pass this information on to any friends/ family members or competitors who may not receive this email.