THANKS FOR ENTERING THE 16th CITY OF NEWCASTLE HILL TO HARBOUR, to be held Sunday 2nd April, in the first year of our new split NewRun format. We look forward to welcoming you to Newcastle. This is an update for those who are already entered. Please take a few minutes to read below or pass onto anyone who you entered into the event.
Since Update 1 we have a small update on the Halfa Hill to Harbour start, a video Race Briefing from our Race Director Ja Davis and few reminders for race day.
If you have specific questions about the event that are not answered below please email email@example.com
or call our office on 024934 8138.
FAMILY AND FRIENDS ENTRY ALERT
Tell your friends and family to 'get moving'. Entries are open until 1 hour before the event, but dont delay! Send them this email and they can enter below.
FINISHERS MEDALS FOR ALL FINISHERS ....of course!!.
Thanks to our naming rights sponsor the City of Newcastle for their support of major health and fitness events in Newcastle.
A big thank you to our sponsors Hunter Valley Orthodontics, Marathon Tyres, The Newcastle Herald and The Athlete's Foot. Please support our sponsors where you can.
Hunter Valley Orthodontics continues to strive for excellence in orthodontic treatment and service to patients. They are sponsors of the 2K4Fun, which is open to any age.
Since 1970, Marathon Tyres has been working towards excellence in the mining industry, as well as the construction, industrial, military and port sectors, supplying multiple leading brands, complete tyre management, tyre service and tyre repair.
The Newcastle Herald is the most trusted source of local news in the region.
CLARIFICATION of WITHDRAWALS
We offer scaled refunds up to 2 weeks out from the event date. After that period we do not refund or transfer to later events (as this is the same as refunding). This is because all infrastructure has been booked and costs have been expended by this time. If however you wish to transfer your entry to another person please note the following steps to either check and or change your entry. All changes done on the system will incur a $5 fee. You cannot cancel your entry in the changes system. Our normal refund policy is now in place regarding cancelations, however to confirm https://hevents.com.au/refund-policy/
To check or change/transfer your entry, see below:
- If you wish to check your entry, change to a different distance, transfer your entry to another person, the person who made the entry and/or set up the team can log into their account using the email address they used and make the changes by going to the Entry Page https://theautomatedclub.com/HEvents/Enter/hilltoharbour and clicking the Changes button down the bottom right hand corner (as in the attached picture). If you have forgotten your password or never set one, just click Forgot Password. You need to use the email address you used to set up the account.
- If you have issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!
OVERALL 1st, 2nd, 3rd PLACES IN THE HILL TO HARBOUR 12k WILL SHARE $3500
PLUS ...KING and QUEEN of THE HILL get $250 each!!
If you are at the pointy end of the running field, check out these 2 opportunities to come home with some prize money!
Overall Winners of the Hill to Harbour 12km
For Male and Female runners
1st Place - $1000
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $250
King and Queen of The Hill
The first Male and Female runners to get to the top of the Memorial Drive (just before Cliff St) will win $250 each. The distance to the top is 1.3km. Can you hang on!!!!
Note: Winners will need to provide EFT details for prize money. Prizes paid in 7 days.
Race Details - Event Compounds - Race Kit collection
All events finish at Pat Jordon Oval off Tully St in Carrington on Sun 2 April. However note:
- 8.30am - The new 12km Hill to Harbour starts at Bar Beach near the Skate Park off Memorial Drive, Bar Beach
- 9.30am - The new 6km 'Halfa' Hill to Harbour starts just west of The Station (old Newcastle Railway Station) off Wharf Rd, Newcastle. (note change of start location). Look for the arch!!
- 10.30am - The Hunter Valley Orthodontics 2K4Fun starts at Pat Jordan Oval Tully St Carringtron
Please note the following:
- Late Entries, Race Kit and ordered shirt collection can be done EITHER Saturday or Sunday. We strongly recommend Saturday. Please bring your phone for quick check in.
- If you wish to collect another persons race kit, please bring a written authority to collect the race kit and note the collection process below. You will need the code from them. We will not randomly hand out race kits! WE CAN LOOK PEOPLE UP WHO HAVE TROUBLE!...SO DONT PANIC IF TECH IS NOT YOUR THING!
- Race Kits Collection Saturday(the day before the event) We strongly suggest that if you can, pick up your race kit on Saturday (the day before the Event).
- Competitors in all events should attend Newcastle Yacht Club, 95 Hannell St Wickham from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Why not grab a meal, coffee or drink after and overlook part of the course!! This is a great venue! https://www.ncyc.net.au/nautica-dining/
- Race Kits Sunday (race day) Late entries (up to 45min before start) or race kit pick up will be from the starting point for each race. Allow plenty of time if you want to pick up your race kit on the morning.
- Halfa Hill to Habour 6km - pick up will be just west of The Station (old Newcastle Railway Station) off Wharf Rd, Newcastle from 8.00am. The start line is just 50m away. 6km starts 9.30am (note change form original location)
- Hill to Harbour - 12km event will be at Cooks Hill Surf Club opposite Empire Park Bar Beach on Memorial Drive from 6.30 - 8.00am - Please leave enough time. 12km starts 8.30am.
- Hunter Valley Orthodontics 2K4FUN at the Registration Marquee at Pat Jordan Oval off Tully St Carrington. Race Kit pick up from 8.30am . The race starts 10.30am.
- LATE ENTRIES ARE ONLY ONLINE OR ON PHONE, NO CASH!
Our Race Kit collection process:
To minimise the contact points and improve speed of collection, when you arrive to collect your race kit we will ask you to use your phone to retrieve your entry via the following system:
- Scan a QR CODE near the rego entry
- Input the phone number or email that you used when you entered.
- You will receive a code.
- Input the code on your screen.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY CHANGES YOU NEED TO GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN AND MAKE THEM. E.g. change race distance…
- CLICK CONFIRM.
- KEEP THE SCREEN open it has your NAME, DOB AND RACE NUMBER.
- COME TO THE REGISTRATION DESKS AND SHOW US YOUR SCREEN.
- You will be given you race number, timing chips and race T-Shirt (if you ordered one).
- If this does not work for you...dont panic. We can just look you up!!
Race Details - Course tips
With the constantly changing landscape of Newcastle, please note some points about the courses:
- All events finish at Pat Jordon Oval Carrington off Tully St.
- Start line for Hill to Harbour 12km - is UNCHANGED from 2022. Same location at Bar Beach near the Bowling Club/Skate Park on Memorial Drive
- All events will be keeping left as a general rule. All runners are going the same direction.
- Start times are:
- 12km Hill to Harbour - 8.30am - at Bar Beach
- 6km Halfa Hill to Harbour - 9.30am - just west of The Station (old Railway Station), near the Signal Box Cafe
- 2k4Kids - 10.30am - Pat Jordan Oval
- All turn points well marshalled, by our team from local Surf Life Saving, Running, Sport and Social Clubs.
- The section between King Edward Park and Zaara St is the same as in 2022 due to construction at South Newcastle Beach still not being finished. Runners will exit King Edward Park at the middle exit and run right onto the footpath along Reserve Rd and then Watt St. They will continue into James Fletcher Park where runners will turn right and follow the paths down Church St/Shortland Espl, past a traffic control point and back onto the path that runs behind Newcastle Surf Club. The course then diverts onto Shortland Esplande roadway and continues to Nobbys. Note that this means that Shortland Esplanade (Zaara to Watt) and Watt St remain open to traffic at all times. The paths are not wide and we ask you to be courteous when passing.
- Course maps are available on the website or click below
- With our finish line very close to our friends at Carrington Bowling Club we will not have any food available on site. Please walk just 200m to the Club for coffee, breakfast or a other refreshments. Follow the signs. Thanks for opening early!
Hill to Harbour Course Map
'Halfa' - Hill to Harbour Course Map
Timing Chips and Bibs
Timing chips will be attached to your race bib number, but are worn on your shoe. They are separate and reusable. The bib should be attached with supplied pins to your shirt on the chest or front if using race belts. You must unpack the timing chip and wear it on your shoe (connected with the shoe lace). See diagram below. If you do not have laces please ask for a cable tie at the registration table. Note NO chip = no race time. The chips need to register over the purple mats at the finish and split points.
Getting to your start on Race Day - Buses
The finish for all events is Pat Jordan Oval Carrington, off Wharf Rd Newcastle. For 12km runners who have booked a ticket, we are running buses before the event from the FINISH to the START. There will also be a pick up from the car park at the corner of Hannell St and Honeysuckle Drive to the 12km start from 6.35am to 7.50am . Note there are two buses that will shuttle during this time and the last bus will leave Carrington at 7.45am. NOTE: NO PICK UP AT CUSTOMS HOUSE!!!
Parking or Light Rail
We strongly recommend using public transport to get to the event. The Wickham interchange is very close to the Hannel St Bus Pick up point and only 1.2km to the finish line.
There is FREE car parking on corner of Hannell St and Honeysuckle Drive. This is just 230m to the Light Rail interchange, which has the first service at 5.15am.
Halfa Hill to Harbour start access
Our road closures on the Foreshore will mean you will need to get dropped off in town or use public transport. Light Rail timetable is here https://newcastletransport.info/plan-your-trip/light-rail-old/
You will need to get off at the Queens Wharf Station and walk about 100m up to the start line just west of The Station. There is also paid parking at Honeysuckle in Wright Lane and also at the parking station in Argyl St or Bolton S, if you want to walk to the start.
Bag Security / transport
We will have a limited, contact free system for 12km competitors at Bar Beach which will allow some valuables to be transported to the finish line. A similar process will be in place at the Halfa Hill to Harbour start, however we DISCOURAGE bringing any major items. There may be a short delay in getting to the finish with the bags. That is....you might beat us!!
There are drink stations no more than 3km apart on all courses. There will be water and electrolyte on all stations.
We have a professional paramedical team on hand at this event including mobile units around the course. Just let a marshal know if you need attention.
There are toilets at the start at Bar Beach and Nobbys and also King Edward Park and Nobbys Surf Club and Honeysuckle. You must leave and enter the course at the same point when using the toilets.
Running and Surf Clubs on the JOB
With the event running straight past most of the Surf Life Saving Clubs, you will be glad to know that Nobbys and Cooks Hill Surf Life Saving Clubs are using the event to raise funds for their clubs. Give them a smile as you run past or take a drink from one of the nippers and senior club members helping their clubs raise funds to keep us safe on city beaches. Our friends at the 530 runners, and Newcastle Rowing Club, Wananchi Newcastle and Fit Stop are also on the job. Thanks to all our friends in the running/sport community.
GOT FRIENDS OR FAMILY WHO ARE NOT RUNNING AND KEEN TO VOLUNTEER?
Be involved and earn discount vouchers to other H Events.
Register your interest on the volunteer sign up button on the entry page HERE
Sick of putting holes in your shirts for race bibs?
Check out these little magnets that are almost magical, as they connect your bib to your shirt. They are seriously strong magnets that let you connect your bib to your shirt!
NEWCASTLE FOOD MONTH
GET RUNNING AND GET HUNGRY
What a delicious coincidence, that our NewRun Festival of Running events aligns with the Newcastle Food Month in April.
You can check out a whole range of great events throughout the month, but you might particularly want to have a peek at the Plate Date program. Basically – a meal, and a beverage for an amazing $25pp, with some great offers around the City for your post event brunch or lunch.
From the team at H-Events - Thanks for racing with us in Newcastle! We are a small but passionate team of event organisers who love running and love Newcastle. We rely on a wonderful team of local suppliers, crew and volunteers to make the event happen. We hope you enjoy the experience. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email. email@example.com