Update and Reminder - Winery Run at Wandin in Lovedale Hunter Valley.
This is an update email for those who have entered the 2021 event and a 'reminder' email for past participants in case you were unsure if we were proceeding. The good news is, at this stage, we are good to GO for our regular Sunday 18 July date!
Check out the details below and feel free to contact us via phone or email for any questions.
News FLASH - see below
Pre event - Carb Loading Dinner with Scott Westcott on sale now
Pre event - Course Video now available
- We are closely monitoring current COVID conditions. More details here https://hevents.com.au/news/covid-19-update-23-june2021/
NEW VENUE - Wandin - check them out.
Entries filling fast. Limited entries available!!
If you have been putting off entering, we suggest you do not delay. We have a strict limit of runners. If you are looking to get one of the great finisher T Shirts and medals, get in quick. Complimentary shirt offer closes Sunday 4 July 2021.
Course and Race Briefing video for 2021
Being COVID Safe - Pre /Post Event - Runners and Spectators
With the relaxation of some COVID rules, we can partially move back to having more activity at this event. That said we MUST still act in a COVID Safe manner. A few notes:
- Remember that we must limit the number of spectators in our event area, in particular at the start when all competitors are marshalled. This will require spectators to move away from the start areas and congregate away from the main area. There is plenty of room at the centre in the oval and around the track.
- Everyone MUST at all times socially distance and masks are welcome but not mandatory in close contact. We have COVID marshals who will monitor this.
- If you prefer not to stay around for the formal presentation of awards at 11.15am, awards can be collected from the admin area once our results are confirmed. This is likely to be about 30 min after your event has finished.
- Finisher medals are available at the finish line.
The new course is very simple to follow. All races are out and back, with the half marathon being 2 laps of the out and back course. The course starts is on the Wandin Cricket field and runs south to the bottom exit and joins the internal roadway to run north to the exit onto Talga Rd. Runners will run out and back on the southern side of the road, with the other side open to slow moving resident traffic. Runners will run approx. 4.5km to a turn point and return the oval to complete the race (half this for the 5km). The Kids Marathon will be on the oval. There will be a festival atmosphere with stalls, entertainment, food and wine presented by our venue.
- Sat - 10am - 4pm Race kit collection
- Sat - 6.30pm Pre Event Carb loading dinner with Scott Westcott
- Sun - 6.00am Race office opens at Wandin Pavilion
- Sun - 7.00am Winery Half Marathon starts
- Sun - 9.00am Winery 10.5km starts
- Sun - 9.45am Wandin Winery Wander 5km event starts
- Sun - 10.45am Kids Marathon 2km Starts
- Sun - 11.15am Presentation of Awards
- Sun - 12.00pm Liver music and lunch on offer
Where/when do I pick up my race kit?
Race Kits including your BIB number, timing chip and free souvenir event shirts (shirts received only if entered by 4 July ) will be available from the event compound at Wandin Cricket Pavilion off 12 Wilderness Rd, Lovedale on :
Saturday - 10.00am - 4.00pm
Sunday - from 6.00am
(please collect at least 40 min before your race start. allow for crowds)
Kit collection process
As a function of COVID and to speed up the bib allocation process we now use a scanning system at registration collection. You will need a mobile phone. The Process is:
- Scan the QR code (separate to the COVID code)
- Enter the mobile number you added to your entry when entering (or the person who entered you)
- You will receive a code via email.
- Enter this code and you will be allocated a bib number with your entry details
- Show the check in person your number and race kit details (shirt size etc)
- You will be given your race pack
- ALL LATE ENTRIES WILL BE DONE VIA THE NORMALON LINE SYSTEM
- If you have any difficulties please go to the queries desk. They can manually allocate your bib.
We can allow a fellow runner to collect your kit. They must have the above details needed to collect your kit. We will not just give out your kit to anyone!
Where can I park and what roads are closed?
The venue is easy to find off the Hunter Expressway. Ample parking is available close to the event area. Please arrive via Wilderness Rd. You will be directed to park in adjoining paddocks. The ground is not 100% even. Please drive slowly and watch your footing. Do not enter via Talga Rd.
What will be available at the aid stations?
There will be 2 aid stations on the course at approx 2.5km and 5km, then again at 7.5km. This will have water and electrolyte on offer. Please drink and dispose of the cups in the bins around and past these areas.
Pre Event Carb loading Dinner with Scott Westcott
To celebrate our new venue at Wandin we will be staging a pre event carb loading dinner with a very special guest speaker, local Olympic marathon legend Scott Westcott on Saturday 17 July from 6.30pm. The dinner will be staged at the Wandin Cricket Pavilion room right next to the event compound. Dinner will be sumptuous pasta dinner served to the table of homemade gnocchi with seasonal veg and a slowed cooked beef brisket pappardelle pasta, sourdough, French butter, cheese and fruit grazing board plus tea and coffee. Drinks will be available for purchase at the bar.
We are fortunate to have the local Rio Olympic Marathon Runner Scott Westcott as our guest speaker. Scott will entertain you with memorable stories of his running career over 30+ years including both Commonwealth (4th place) and Olympic Games selections, with a prized Marathon PB time of 2:11.36. At 45 Scott is still competing at an elite level and recently completed a half marathon in a ‘smoking’ 1:07.12. Scott is also a coach to several aspiring Olympians and can answer any question you have about how to get the most out of your running.
On hand will be the Event and Race Director to answer questions about Sunday’s race.
Places are strictly limited due to venue size, so book immediately below to secure your space.
Please pass this information on to any athletes you may have entered who may not receive this email.
More updates for entered competitors soon.