Do the 5 for Police Legacy - Lake Macquarie
Event InfoNew date 12 Oct 2019
DO THE 5 FOR NSW POLICE LEGACY – Lake Macquarie
What is the event:
- The Do the 5 for NSW Police Legacy Lake Macquarie is a 5km Fun Run/Walk open to the whole community including recreational, serious or novice runners/walkers. The event will encourage participation to promote health and fitness and also raise funds and awareness of NSW Police Legacy. Post event activities include Police equipment displays and experiences. There will be food and soft drinks available for sale and fun for the whole family.
- The event starts at 9am on Satuady 26 Oct 2019
- Collection of race kits and late registration will be from the start line, next to the stage at Speers Point Park, at Speers Point.
- H Events is a local event organiser and is volunteering to assist stage the event. Paul Humphreys will be the Race Director.
Pricing - $25 for adult, $15 for a child / concession and $50 for a family entry ( 2 adults and 2 child) Child is 17 and under.
Awards medals to be given to Male and Female first , second and third in the following categories:
- Overall (first three male or female over the line).
- Sub Junior (5 or under - 12yrs) - all entries under 12 must be accompanied by adult.
- Junior (13-17yrs)
- 18-29 yrs
- 60+ yrs
- Race day entries open from 7.30am and close 30min before start time.
- Entries are not refundable or transferable
One line entries close Friday 25 Oct 5pm
Where is the event staged:
- The event compound and start/finish area is next to next to the stage at Speers Point Park, near Warners Bay and will include an out and back course heading towards Wanters Bay Foreshore and CBD.
- Parking will be in the park.
- A secure left bag area will be available next to the finish line
- A drink station is available at 2.5km
- Marshals are located at key intersections or turn points. Please pay attention to these volunteers and make sure you can hear them at all times.
- Race Conditions
- All competitors who wish to know their race timing must wear a timing chip on their shoe and bib number on their chest.
- All competitors must complete the course as marked. If they withdraw or do not competed the course, they must inform the race director and return their timing chip.
The course starts from the stage area in Speers Point Park and heads south towards Warner Bay Foreshore. Then returns the same way until a turn to the finish line. as a general rule please keep to your right and watch out for returning runners. Please self seed at the start.